Thursday, June 6, 2019

New Luther Bibliography

In 2017 I attended the International Lutheran Congress in Wittenberg, Germany. There I met a German scholar, Dr. Michael Beyer, who works for the main journal of Luther studies (in German): Lutherjahrbuch. Dr. Beyer is in charge of the annual bibliography of Luther studies. He told me about his desire to find a North American collaborator, since it is difficult for him to get access to our databases to find English-language Luther studies. He has had difficulty connecting with North Americans--perhaps due to his thick Saxon accent! When I returned here, I got him in touch with Rev. Robert Smith, Electronic Resources Librarian at Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, IN (my seminary). Since then Rev. Smith has been helping to make the annual bibliography of Luther studies (the Lutherbibliographie), and the first fruits of his efforts can now be seen on the website for Concordia Theological Quarterly. Here's the link.

https://www.ctsfw.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Smith_Luther-Bib-2013-2018_v4-Final.pdf

The CTQ website is at www.ctsfw.edu/ctq.

No comments:

Post a Comment